The NSW Writers’ Centre presents a number of competitions each year.
The Blake Poetry Prize, now in its sixth year, is presented in association with The Blake Society and Leichhardt Municipal Council. The $5000 Prize challenges Australian poets to explore the spritual and religious in a new 100-line poem. Entries for this year’s prize closed on Friday 8 June.
For NSW Writers’ Centre members only, there is the NSW Writers’ Centre Varuna Fellowship. The Fellowship is awarded to a writer who has a manuscript, play or suite of poems that is ready for the next stage of development. The selected writer receives a one-week residency at Varuna, the Writers’ House in Katoomba.
For information on external writing competitions and opportunities, subscribe to our email newsletter Newsbite.
- Damsels, Detectives and Dead Guys: Writing Crime
- Between Facts and Feeling: The Art of Feature Writing
- Craft of Fiction: Form and Structure
- Introduction to Life Writing
- Year of the Novel 2016: Three Phases