Writing NSW Early Career Writer Grants
Early Career Writer Grants are awarded by the NSW Writers’ Centre to assist early career creative writers in any genre who are resident in NSW. The aim of the grants is to foster a vibrant, diverse and innovative writing culture in the state.
Funding available: up to 4 grants of $5000 each (plus GST)
Opening date: 3 July 2017
Closing date: 30 July 2017
For project period: 1 February 2018 to 31 December 2018
Applicants must be early career writers who have had no more than two full-length works professionally published or performed and must not have previously received a grant of $5000 or more for their writing from either State, Territory or Federal governments or their agencies. At least one grant will be awarded to a writer from regional NSW.
Activities to be funded by the grant may include:
- Creation, production or publication of new work
- Professional development or mentoring
- Cultural exchanges or other travel that will assist in the production or presentation of new work
- Audience development activities conducted by the writer (but not for payment of marketing professionals)
Access costs for regional writers or for writers with disability may be included in the proposal.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online through the Arts NSW SmartyGrants system by midnight on the closing date. You will need a SmartyGrants login.
Please read the guidelines before commencing your application.
These grants are offered by the NSW Writers’ Centre with devolved funding from Arts NSW.
- Ignite Your Creative Fire
- How to Succeed as a Freelance Writer - limited places left!
- Blogging For Beginners
- What Women Want: Writing Commercial Women’s Fiction
- Introduction to Digital Marketing Essentials for Authors