Writing NSW Access for Regional Writers Grants
Writing NSW Access for Regional Writers Grants are awarded by the NSW Writers’ Centre to help writers in regional NSW access professional development. Regional writers in any genre may apply for a travel grant of $300 to help them participate in an approved professional development event such as a workshop or seminar designed to further their writing or career skills.
Thanks to the generosity of one of our members, we are able to offer one additional $300 travel grant to help an Indigenous writer from regional NSW access professional development.
We would like to congratulate the following recipients of the 2016 Writing NSW Access for Regional Writers Grants: Alexandra Grantham (Lismore), Samantha Unwin (Tamworth), Kate Morell (Wagga Wagga), Joanne Wilson-Ridley (Queanbeyan), Rebecca Chaney (Gosford), Stephanie Hoskin (Burringbar), Frances Foley (Narrandera), Sally Hopkins (Dubbo), Kaneana May (Old Bar), Sam Paine (Mudgee) and Vera Rusca (Wherrol Flat). They have each been awarded a travel grant of $300 to assist with access to professional development activities to further their careers as writers.
Funding available: up to 5 travel grants of $300 each (plus GST) per round
- Round 1 opening date: 5 June 2017
- Round 1 closing date: 18 June 2017
- For project period: 1 July 2017 to 31 December 2017
- Round 2 opening date: 20 November 2017
- Round 2 closing date: 3 December 2017
- For project period: 1 January 2018 to 30 June 2018
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online through the Arts NSW SmartyGrants system by midnight on the closing date. You will need a SmartyGrants login.
Please read the guidelines before commencing your application.
For more information please contact us at email@example.com or by calling (02) 9555 9757.
- Breathing Life into Language: Writing Poetry - SOLD OUT!
- Character & Dialogue - SOLD OUT!
- Seminar: Crowdfund it!
- Ignite Your Creative Fire
- How to Succeed as a Freelance Writer