The NSW Writers’ Centre offers four six-month internships each year. These volunteer positions are an excellent opportunity for emerging arts workers with an interest in literature, communications or arts management to develop their skills by working with our talented and supportive team.
The internships are advertised each year in May and November. The successful applicants work one day per week from January-June or July-December at our office in Callan Park, Rozelle.
Located in beautiful Callan Park, Rozelle, the NSW Writers’ Centre is a not-for-profit organisation that provides support to writers at all stages of their careers. We run a lively program of courses, workshops and events as well as providing a range of services to our members and the broader writing community. The Centre receives funding from Arts NSW, the Australia Council and Leichhardt Council as well as private donations.
- Dramatic Studio: Advanced Playwriting Techniques
- Introduction to Copywriting - Cancelled
- Writing Place in Fiction and Non-fiction
- Write a Short Film Like a Film Maker
- A Leaf that Tells a Tree: Writing Poetry - limited places left!